INPATIENT MEDICAL CODER
Horizon Financial Management is an established, competitive revenue cycle company looking for a full-time Inpatient Coder. 2 years of inpatient coding experience and CIC or equivalent certification is required. The ideal candidate is reliable, organized, team-oriented and self-motivated. Applicants must also be able to multi-task, communicate effectively, problem solve and meet production goals.
Our company offers an 8-hour 5 day a week schedule with a comprehensive Benefit Package including Paid Time Off (PTO), Health, Vision, Dental and 401K with match. Starting pay $22.00 and up based on experience. We offer flex scheduling after your 90-day probationary period is completed.
Individuals with experience with Virginia Payers are encouraged to apply.
Under general supervision, follow established physician billing procedures to ensure clean insurance claim generation leading to prompt payment of claims.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Comply with all legal requirements regarding coding procedures and practices
2) Conduct audits and coding reviews to ensure all documentation is accurate and precise
3) Assign and sequence all codes for services rendered
4) Contact physicians and other health care professionals with questions about treatments or diagnostic tests given to patients with regard to coding procedures
5) Follows all HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) rules and regulations.
6) Interacts courteously and compassionately with other associates.
7) Communications with patients, visitors, and clients are friendly and professional.
8) Maintains a professional appearance.
9) Projects a positive image in the community.
10) Other duties as assigned.
1) Analytical/clerical ability to review medical records, prepare appeal letters, correct claims and provide support documentation as needed.
2) The interpersonal and communication skills necessary to interact with Physicians, nurse practitioners, office and hospital personnel
KNOWLEDGE, PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE AND LICENSURE/REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
1) The level of knowledge equivalent to completion of high school or GED.
2) 1-2 Years coding experience preferred
3) Knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 codes necessary
4) Certification preferred prior to hire date
5) Knowledge of HIPAA rules and regulations and the ability to apply these regulations on a daily basis.
1) Normal sedentary office environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions.